Farm Livestock Insurance in Newville PA, Carlisle PA & Shippensburg PA
Animals Are Assets Too.
Livestock insurance is designed to help alleviate the potential financial strain associated with losing animals that help support your farming operations. Contact Kingsley Blasco Insurance in Newville, Pennsylvania, to start building appropriate insurance for your farm, including your livestock.
How Does Farm Insurance for Livestock Work?
Livestock insurance is part of a comprehensive farm insurance plan and may help farming operations avoid the adverse financial effects of livestock injury or death.
Your agent can help you understand how various livestock insurance options may help your farming operation remain financially stable, even when the unexpected happens.
What Are the Benefits of Livestock Insurance?
Livestock insurance may help pay for losses resulting from covered incidents and accident, including crimes, natural disasters, civil unrest or collisions while in transit.
Your agent may recommend that you purchase one of the two main types of livestock coverage:
- Unscheduled (blanket) livestock coverage can help cover your farm property with a single policy limit.
What Is Covered Under Livestock Insurance?
- Scheduled livestock coverage may be a good fit for higher-value animals as it protects specific animals you identify in the policy.
Your farm or ranch has specific insurance needs; livestock insurance is essential if you depend on livestock to help generate income. Depending on your unique exposures, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following coverage:
- High-value animal insurance may work well for show animals or specific types of animals that represent a substantial investment.
- Livestock transit insurance helps provide coverage for the crippling and death of animals during transit.
- Swine insurance helps provide coverage for swine killed due to covered events, such as fires and storms or power interruptions.
- Horse insurance may include major medical expense coverage and animal mortality.
- Feedlot, pasture and dairy cattle insurance may help cover the costs of carcass removal, contaminated feed or water, hypothermia and other perils that could cause illness or death of your cattle.
- Poultry insurance may help cover direct physical damage resulting in the death of animals.
Depending on the particular needs of your organization, your agent may also recommend that you purchase the following policies:
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Farm structures insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Farm and ranch liability insurance
How Much Is Livestock Insurance?
Like all types of insurance, premiums depend on numerous factors about your farm and your coverage. Depending on the insurer, your premium calculations may include information about the following:
- Your potential risks and perils
- The value of the livestock you want to insure
- Your policy’s limits and exclusions
Your agent can help you get personalized livestock insurance quotes from reputable insurers.
Get a Quote for Livestock Insurance
Contact Kingsley Blasco Insurance today to get started building your farm’s insurance plan and get multiple livestock insurance quotes.